frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Coffee Cups -

Comments

• Must admit my experience with E61 has been less than satisfactory, ordered a set of cups over 6 months ago, despite repeated emails and messages have had no response whatsoever, guess its just me. I've drawn a double line under the deal, time to move on.  ;) PS, Quite some time ago Matt was kind enough to send me a complimentary container of his E61 group head cleaner, excellent product.
  • There are contact details on his website Dry Bean.  Give him another try.  You're emails might have gotten caught by a spam filter or something (that always coffeeparts excuse when I phone them)
  • on 1321613892:
    There are contact details on his website Dry Bean.  Give him another try.  You're emails might have gotten caught by a spam filter or something (that always coffeeparts excuse when I phone them)
    Thanks for the tip Lacehim, have attempted to contact him on a number of occasions with no result, I'm over it now, time to move on. ;)
  • I'm happy with my red ACF cups. :)  Easy to get too, I can buy them from Costa Noosa.
  • on 1321690130:
    I'm happy with my red ACF cups. :)  Easy to get too, I can buy them from Costa Noosa.
    Ditto, mine are black, bought them from Rio in Adelaide.
  • How much does Costa Noosa sell 'em for?
  • on 1321738963:
    How much does Costa Noosa sell 'em for?
    Pretty sure they were $14 each when I got mine (160mL) from there in January. Quite reasonable for single quantities (plus you can get a fantastic coffee while you're there :) )
  • I have had the Merlo cups for years and they are very very sturdy solid reliable and not too dear.  My wife even baked a souflee in them once!!!  I don't use them myself preferring a cheap caterers tumbler of about 180ml bought from a $2 shop.  Enter these little unassuming puppies: http://www.danesi-caffe.com/prodotti/regali.php?ln=en&pr=12 sourced from Chris at Bezzera for a bargain price (though I can't for the life of me remember what that was).  They are sooooo comfortable.  I have underestimated that value of good stemware for too long.  I have some fabulous crystal for wine... though nothing out of the ordinary.  Why not for coffee I wonder.  I'll enjoy the Danesi and thanks to threads like this not be so afraid to open my wallet for good cups... darn you all! P.s I am a former owner of ACF cups in burnt orange which were a great idea when we had a bright yellow benchtop in our former kitchen but the feel of them (as well as the colour) wasn't me.  Onward researching fingers.... and eyes...
  • I really liked your espresso glasses Brett, very enjoyable to drink from.
  • on 1321746169:
    I have had the Merlo cups for years and they are very very sturdy solid reliable and not too dear.  My wife even baked a souflee in them once!!!  I don't use them myself preferring a cheap caterers tumbler of about 180ml bought from a $2 shop.
    I have 6 of the very same Merlo cups & saucers Also a thrift shop purchase KK
  • My favourite cup was $1 from a thrift store. Some defunct cafe branding on it.
  • on 1321751527:
    I really liked your espresso glasses Brett, very enjoyable to drink from.
    Ah yes, those are pb crystal gold etched Turkish coffee glasses.  They make wonderful short black glasses because one of the gold lines is right on the 60mm mark.  They were a gift from my wife... she's a keeper.
  • Mugs mugs mugs, mugs mugs mugs  :D I love them.
  • Glad they arrived in time for Christmas  :thumb: KK
  • Out of curiousity, when did you order them SS?
  • Kelsey, the 7th October, I think it's bloody good going, especially remembering that I had ordered a discontinued colour.  First lot I got the end of October.
  • That is good! Gives me hope mine will arrive before Christmas!
  • Merry Christmas Kelsey  ;D I know I keep talking about the generosity of our members but seriously this takes the cake. I won't identify the person, they can come forward if they want to.  I am still a little overawed by it. This person generously paid for espresso cups for themselves, Kelsey and I.  All I had to do was be prepared to repack and send them on to Kelsey and themselves.  Absolutely no problem I saw. Well they turned up today and what follows is a video using the BES900 and Jeffs roasted Tanzanian. I love them, they are beautiful to drink out of  :thumb: The second photo is off my mobile so isn't clear, LOL I'm a messy drinker, I love the way the crema coats the outside and leaves wave like marks on the sides.
  • Wow. I'm pretty blown away by this - thank you so much, both of you. I can't get over how great the people are on this forum. And I can't wait to be drinking out of these!! :D :D Merry Christmas all!
  • I should mention that it'll be an enormous upgrade. I've been drinking out of a measuring shot glass and the twee things in the attached picture. They were ok with Nespresso, but terrible with real coffee - no temperature stability. So I'm totally awed and thrilled to be getting these. Thanks again.
  • Guess what arrived in the mail today? :D Not a great photo, but you can see the size difference compared to a couple of other cups I picked up at lifeline in desperation. I think the walls of the new ones are three times as thick. They're certainly noticeably warmer for sitting on the warming tray than the others. And they're a delight to drink from! Thank you again, both of you.
  • Hurray, so glad we didn't need the registered post number LOL They are gorgeous to drink from aren't they, I love drinking from them and have drunk more espressos since getting them than I have in all the time I've been drinking coffee.  LOL I love drinking from them so much I did have thoughts of taking them with me to espresso bars but thought it would be a little anal  :rofl:
  • They're great, just had my second shot in it. Tried to video it and managed to flub my first shot in weeks - been getting perfect extractions until this one. There's something about the thick porcelain that just feels fantastic to drink from. As to being anal, you never know, you might get a godshot - just as AM what happened when we rocked up to a cafe and plonked a naked portafilter down on the bench. :D
  • They look great, I am sure you will enjoy many an Espresso from them...  ;)
  • I like my Nuova Point cups Branded Torrisi Cups but made by Nuova Point KK
  • My wonderful wife bought me 6 double walled Bodum 250ml latte glasses for Christmas.  They are really great to drink out of and a very welcome addition to our glassware.
  • Argghhhh cups, cups, cups... I have too many cups  :'( Brett, do yours have the silicone band around them??
  • on 1325567066:
    They're great, just had my second shot in it. Tried to video it and managed to flub my first shot in weeks - been getting perfect extractions until this one. There's something about the thick porcelain that just feels fantastic to drink from. As to being anal, you never know, you might get a godshot - just as AM what happened when we rocked up to a cafe and plonked a naked portafilter down on the bench. :D
    Great stuff Kelsey, nice cups really are a joy to drink from aren't they? you must be over the moon. :thumb:
  • I am, such an absolute pleasure to drink from. Filled almost to the brim they're 45ml, perfect for my morning double.
  • on 1325647619:
    Argghhhh cups, cups, cups... I have too many cups  :'( Brett, do yours have the silicone band around them??
    No Marc, they are double walled clear glass with a silicone plug in the bottom.