frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Cold Brew with bubbles...

edited January 1970 in Other Brewing Methods
So I finally did it I roasted some Yirgacheffe nice and light then made a cold brew overnight.  The resulting brew made an excellent coffee for a neighbour....Who also happens to own a soda stream. 

0ef924085eda4b3c609736162c4dde4c_zps4ggdinjr.jpg

A quick trip over to their house and the experiments began...

a6c2c84378ee5153eb8e7c71390dd1e9_zpsbudsxjr4.jpg

The result was really very pleasing and my wife surprised me by demanding seconds.  She's usually drinks flat whites only.  My only wish was that the bubbles could be smaller to give a more luxurious palate but that's a whole new thread!

01b3ed40497e852c6f4b6610b270f64a_zps8rxjjtfc.jpg

Comments

• Nice experiment.    What's the drink in the first photo?  Is that cold brew with milk?
  • on 1428144655:
    Nice experiment.    What's the drink in the first photo?  Is that cold brew with milk?
    That was a request by our lovely neighbour.  Cold Brew, 20ml maple syrup and topped with milk and ice.  Really spectacular tasting drink when compared to your common all-garden variety iced milk!
  • Holy Heck, my Master 16 was just asking about this very thing not even a week ago. I laughed him off  >:D.
  • on 1428382330:
    Holy Heck, my Master 16 was just asking about this very thing not even a week ago. I laughed him off  >:D.
    The results weren't good enough for me to invest in a soda stream but there must be better alternatives out there!
  • on 1428442584:
    The results weren't good enough for me to invest in a soda stream but there must be better alternatives out there!
    That is what started Master 16 (Matthew) thinking, he wanted a Soda Stream and then he  started wondering about the coffee possibilities  :-|.
  • i had cold sparkling nitro brew at MICE and it was freaking brilliant - $5k wholesale for the two tap setup did seem a bit steep for home use though... p
  • 5k buys a lot of beans mate.  Then I assume there is the ongoing cost of gas consumables! 
  • beans are additional to the tap setup and the resulting brew is made using a propitiatory process from veneziano although admittedly you can supply your own beans!