frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Extraction time

Hallo espresso lovers:
my procedure:
- lever maschine: Londinium R
- 100% dark roasted robusta beans
- 14 g Dose
- standardt 16g londinium basket
- goal: 30 espresso yield
- distribution with supplied tool
- tamping: use dtamp for consistent light tamping
- pre-infusion: until first drop

adjusting grinding: i adjust grinding to taste  in the cup

for 30g espresso yield with good taste i get extraction times of up to 50 s

if a go to coarser grind with extraction time towards 25-30s: acidity is high

is there a "red line" concerning extraction time? after which "bad solubles" are extracted?

Gesendet von meinem F5321 mit Tapatalk

Comments

• Hi bravo.palombini - welcome to the forum - would you like to give a bit more information about where you live (for example, are you in Germany or Switzerland?) and what you do (do you work in a cafe)? It would be great to do a short post in 'I'm new here'... best A
  • also levers are very tricky because you can modify your preferred infusion times and set them to your own liking which means that times may vary considerably I just watch how the coffee is pouring and long for a slow and steady pour the golden standard is often 30ml from 30 seconds but this too can depend upon a lot of variables such as the (relatively) smaller baskets of the lever machines compared to the 21g baskets which are standardly used here in Australia the only thing I would change is your beans.from dark to medium roast and 100 per cent Arabica instead of Robusta!
  • ….. sure but there are those of us out here who love Robusta, especially in a lever machine ;)  I think your pre-infusion is too long personally.  I only preinfuse for 10 seconds and count 25-35seconds depending on pour after that.  Give it a try and get back to us.
  • For 14 grams of coffee I believe your times and yield are to great Aim for 5 to 10 seconds of pre infusion and 20 ml in 18/20/seconds pour of espresso liquid Just be aware that 9 grams of ground coffee is a single shot and that should yield 15 ml of espresso liquid In any case - always stop the pour when you see blonding or thinning of the espresso KK