frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

rancilio epoca rebuild!

Not sure if it counts as a rebuild - more like a remodeling - but I've replaced the plastic sides with custom stainless plates, and the plastic front panel and rocker switch with a fitted dark plastic 'screen' and a new brew switch

Plus I've replaced the steam wand with something a little more industrial,  including a synesso steam tip - and the steam pressure is easily twice as good as original !

Photos don't really do it justice coz it's nestled in a pretty tight position - but it does make excellent coffee! 

Comments

• Nice.  The panels seems to fit well and suit the machine.  I'm sure they will last longer than the plastic!
  • on 1424170220:
    Nice.  The panels seems to fit well and suit the machine.  I'm sure they will last longer than the plastic!
    Thanks I bought the machine 2nd hand it was about 18th months old when I bought it and in good condition - but when I picked it up to put in the car the side panels fell off ! So I replaced those straight away with some custom ones that bolt on and can be easily removed for access Same thing happened to the front panel, and I quite like the exposed surfaces around the tap handles its been idle for awhile as there were some wiring issues but now everything is sorted and it's making great coffee !
  • hey, do you still photos? I'm in the process of a rebuild myself and the prior owner broke and threw out the plastic side and front panels. Would love to see how you did it.

• @Brad Millson said:
    hey, do you still photos? I'm in the process of a rebuild myself and the prior owner broke and threw out the plastic side and front panels. Would love to see how you did it.

No sorry I sold the machine to a friend it's still working well but no photos sorry - it's simply a matter of cutting some sheet metal.to.size, rounding off any sharp edges. then bolting it on!