frame
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Help me please :).

2»

Comments

• I will do Brett, I had a beauty of a cup this morning, really, really good  :coffee2:.
  • on 1436783766:
    I will do Brett, I had a beauty of a cup this morning, really, really good  :coffee2:.
    There it is!  The payoff for perseverance!  :thumb:
  • Hi guys been in qld for two weeks with the family on holiday we were kept pretty busy while we were away so no posts -  but back now = Yay ! Sounds like you're getting some good shots  CB - once I find the 'sweet spot' on the grinder I tend to mark it with a texta and use that as a reference point to revolve around Cofer pouring too fast? Reduce the grind size Coffee pouring too slow? Widen it up a little ! Remember small adjustments are easier to track and give you a reference point - large adjustments to the grind leave you wondering where you started from !
  • on 1436796184:
    Hi guys been in qld for two weeks with the family on holiday we were kept pretty busy while we were away so no posts -  but back now = Yay ! Sounds like you're getting some good shots  CB - once I find the 'sweet spot' on the grinder I tend to mark it with a texta and use that as a reference point to revolve around Cofer pouring too fast? Reduce the grind size Coffee pouring too slow? Widen it up a little ! Remember small adjustments are easier to track and give you a reference point - large adjustments to the grind leave you wondering where you started from !
    I keep an exercise book and write down the bean and the grinds, and whatever else, in that  :P.
  • Good practice ! I do the same thing for my coffee roasts !
  • on 1436837306:
    Good practice ! I do the same thing for my coffee roasts !
    I find it gives me something to go back to if need be.
  • A bit of an update..... I am still not convinced my brews are what they should be although they are better. Anyway... I went and bought some beans this morning from our local coffee house Viscous Coffee and I was chatting to the owner and he asked me how I liked the beans, he remembered me buying them last time. I told him that I liked them but my grinder not so much, so he told me to bring the grinder to him and he will set me on the right track with it. I was stoked as customer service around here is sadly lacking, needless to say I will be going back there very shortly :D.
  • on 1437813699:
    A bit of an update..... I was stoked as customer service around here is sadly lacking, needless to say I will be going back there very shortly :D.
    I am not sure if that was aimed at forum sponsors - but in any case dialing in a grinder is a skill that is developed from practice and experience - only achieved with said equipment in front of the person doing the task because it requires more than just internet theory and instructions...........prerequisites are ability to taste and visually see what is happening.
  • on 1437816449:
    I am not sure if that was aimed at forum sponsors - but in any case dialing in a grinder is a skill that is developed from practice and experience - only achieved with said equipment in front of the person doing the task because it requires more than just internet theory and instructions...........prerequisites are ability to taste and visually see what is happening.
    hi mycuppa I'm sure CB was referring to customer service in her area of residence and not forum sponsors. Btw. We have jumped in the CENTRE WAY band wagon and its smashingly good. I've gone through half a kilo since my order arrived on Tuesday.
  • on 1437813699:
    A bit of an update..... I am still not convinced my brews are what they should be although they are better. Anyway... I went and bought some beans this morning from our local coffee house Viscous Coffee and I was chatting to the owner and he asked me how I liked the beans, he remembered me buying them last time. I told him that I liked them but my grinder not so much, so he told me to bring the grinder to him and he will set me on the right track with it. I was stoked as customer service around here is sadly lacking, needless to say I will be going back there very shortly :D.
    Sue. That's awesome. Definitely take your grinder to them so they help you dial it in. It will of course be a starting point as the settings will need to adjust as the beans lose some freshness and the weather fluctuates.
  • That's the way I read CB's post as well GK! It's interesting how misinterpretation can be a byproduct of forum speak. However, he DID say he wasn't sure. Yes, it appears though that he has produced a sure thing with Centre Way blend. (Yes, I did try it yesterday [emoji106]?, now waiting for a few more days).
  • on 1437824173:
    That's the way I read CB's post as well GK! It's interesting how misinterpretation can be a byproduct of forum speak. However, he DID say he wasn't sure. Yes, it appears though that he has produced a sure thing with Centre Way blend. (Yes, I did try it yesterday [emoji106]🏼, now waiting for a few more days).
    Me three!
  • on 1437816449:
    Hell no MyCuppa, I have had nothing but the best from the 2 sponsors here that I have bought from, you being one of them, and the members here. By around here I meant locally to me service is sadly lacking, not just in things coffee either  :coffee2:.
    on 1437817254:
    Sue. That's awesome. Definitely take your grinder to them so they help you dial it in. It will of course be a starting point as the settings will need to adjust as the beans lose some freshness and the weather fluctuates.
    I may well just take him up on it, I'll plod along with a little longer and see how I get on, I have actually turned the dose amount down as I have a feeling I have been overdosing, the coffee is tasting better but I am now getting a little pool on top of the puck and it is sloppy. I have dialed back the grind and I'll see how it goes next cuppa.
    on 1437824173:
    That's the way I read CB's post as well GK! It's interesting how misinterpretation can be a byproduct of forum speak. However, he DID say he wasn't sure. Yes, it appears though that he has produced a sure thing with Centre Way blend. (Yes, I did try it yesterday [emoji106]🏼, now waiting for a few more days).
    A Centre Way will be on tomorrows order for sure, I am just debating which other one I will get. Stay tuned :).
    on 1437830610:
    Me three!
    Thank you :).
  • No probs.
    on 1437873278:
    A Centre Way will be on tomorrows order for sure, I am just debating which other one I will get. Stay tuned :). Thank you :).
    Redemption of the Spro Guatemala Antigua microlot Panama Mama Cata Damn fine coffees.
  • on 1437876398:
    No probs. Redemption of the Spro Guatemala Antigua microlot Panama Mama Cata Damn fine coffees.
    :thumb:. I was actually eying of the HueHue. What do you think?
  • on 1437876398:
    No probs. Redemption of the Spro Guatemala Antigua microlot Panama Mama Cata Damn fine coffees.
    H mycuppa Ive been eyeing off redemption of the spro but im concerned it might be a bit too fruity and acidic for my taste. Is it well suited to espresso extraction or would i need to updose quite a bit to get the most out of it? Or is pour over or siphon extraction method more suitable for us home baristi?
  • on 1437876398:
    I ordered the Panama order before last and yes it was a very, very nice cuppa.
  • on 1437877959:
    :thumb:. I was actually eying of the HueHue. What do you think?
    The Antigua is a new lot that I was forced to purchase because my shipment of 5 tons Huehue contracted a few months ago is delayed for a few weeks. It cost a bomb but it is very nice.
    on 1437878132:
    H mycuppa Ive been eyeing off redemption of the spro but im concerned it might be a bit too fruity and acidic for my taste. Is it well suited to espresso extraction or would i need to updose quite a bit to get the most out of it? Or is pour over or siphon extraction method more suitable for us home baristi?
    It is designed to work as a non-milk espresso.........it will do the job with the added benefit of being also yummo in milk. It was re-engineered last week.
  • on 1437882228:
    The Antigua is a new lot that I was forced to purchased because the broker seemed to lose 4 tons of Huehue that I had on reserve and forward contract. It cost a bomb and is very nice.
    Brilliant, thank you.
  • on 1437882228:
    It is designed to work as a non-milk espresso.........it will do the job with the added benefit of being also yummo in milk. It was re-engineered last week.
    Thanks mate. I'll give it a crack on my next order.
  • MyCuppa can you put in a word or three for the Berry Apocalypse? I always think it sounds like a sure thing and then chicken out  ^-^.
  • i havent tried it but I have tried a number of my cuppa's coffees - and they were all excellent!
  • on 1437954773:
    MyCuppa can you put in a word or three for the Berry Apocalypse? I always think it sounds like a sure thing and then chicken out  ^-^.
    I've had this and it was really great!  Equally good as a long black, espresso or in milk.  Do it, you won't regret it!
  • Thank you both for your input, I'll pop it on the list :).
  • Yummo!  Let us know how you go!
  • Will do Brett. I'm not sure when I will order it yet. I am currently enjoying being a bean hussy and shopping around at different places :P
  • That's half the fun!!