frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

what equipment are you using?

Comments

• I'm really hoping so Muscles, I do feel a bit ARGH what do I do now though :)  As much as I didn't want to bite my nose off to spite my face, I just felt I couldn't buy the breville...
  • I've recently purchased a smart grinder ($240) and a em6910 ($498). I've also got coming a pullman tamper and vst basket, hopefully arriving by friday so i can start playing this weekend!! Have also been looking with keen interest at naked portafilla's, but will look into buying one a bit later. My beans are bought locally, mostly from Coffee Barun and i'm wanting to get some more 5 senses beans, I probably buy every 2 or 3 weeks, roughly.  Using local milk - tweedvale or pariscreek and filtered water always.   I wont go into exactly how i'm going about making my coffee but will leave that for the other thread on em6910's, which i will post sometime.
  • Just thought I'd add a couple of pics of my setup. Espresso m/c is a Silicon Graphics espressigo, grinder an Azkoyen M01 The espressigo may well be the only one in the world still in daily use. I'd love to know if anyone else still uses one. Two shots - one fully dressed, one with front cover removed to show the PID And the Azkoyen bravo is currently in pieces in the garage.
  • So Espressigo - that's gotta be a custom build.... except you imply there are others. Either way, I used to have a couple of Indigo's floating around, so I think it's awesome.
  • The espressigo was made by Silicon Graphics Germany. Not sure how many were sold, but it would have been over 100. They were popular at silicon graphics sales offices and at  least half a dozen in silicon graphics head office. I have the original (german) marketing data sheet. An extract detailing technical specs follows: Besonderheiten 50hz gaggia CPU (coffee processing unit) 30ml primary kaffee-cache ca. 1.5l secondary Wasser-cache Regelung
  • on 1319880122:
    The espressigo was made by Silicon Graphics Germany. Not sure how many were sold, but it would have been over 100. They were popular at silicon graphics sales offices and at  least half a dozen in silicon graphics head office. I have the original (german) marketing data sheet. An extract detailing technical specs follows: Besonderheiten 50hz gaggia CPU (coffee processing unit) 30ml primary kaffee-cache ca. 1.5l secondary Wasser-cache Regelung
  • I am expecting a new family member.... just saying... :coffee2:
  • I saw that Brett, does it have a long knob?
  • on 1323131638:
    I saw that Brett, does it have a long knob?
    That's a bit personal but seeing as we are here alone... no!  I was shopping for a long knob and came up quite short.  Fortunately the size of this baby is no relation to it's abilities!
  • I use a De'Longhi EC155 - Coffee machine with cappuccinator - It's the best I've had so far.
  • LaMarzocco GS/3 MP, plumbed in. Versalab M3 grinder. Mazzer Kony grinder. Pharos w/Voodoodaddy Mod hand grinder. [ftp=ftp://mini4fun.info/Espresso_Gear/Espresso_Gear.html]http://mini4fun.info/Espresso_Gear/Espresso_Gear.html[/ftp]
  • on 1351266508:
    LaMarzocco GS/3 MP, plumbed in. Versalab M3 grinder. Mazzer Kony grinder. Pharos w/Voodoodaddy Mod hand grinder. [ftp=ftp://mini4fun.info/Espresso_Gear/Espresso_Gear.html]http://mini4fun.info/Espresso_Gear/Espresso_Gear.html[/ftp]
    I can't see your gear because it says I don't have permission.  I really want to see your awesome setup mate: http://www.bestcafes.com.au/forum/requests-for-admin-assistance/how-to-post-photos-in-crema-forum/
  • I am working on how to get that sorted out....
  • Oh, what's with the weight on the beans in the grinder?
  • on 1351348500:
    Just a problem with the URL. Here's the proper one: http://mini4fun.info/Espresso_Gear/Espresso_Gear.html#10
    Kelsey: Yes, that is it!  So what did I do wrong? Stephen
  • on 1351348523:
    Oh, what's with the weight on the beans in the grinder?
    I seem to get a better result with the electronic dosing feature with the weight.  I am now tinkering with different weights and weight material.  The weight you see in those photos is for sealing air from the coffee.  It is a .004" O.A. difference between weight and tube I.D.  Just trying to keep as much air away from the beans as practical.
  • on 1351348902:
    Kelsey: Yes, that is it!  So what did I do wrong? Stephen
    The anchor text of first one looked right, but if you click on it, the actual URL in the browser showed started with http://ftp// The ftp// bit was causing problems so I stripped it out. You don't think air would be getting in from the grind path? Nice setup by the way. The GS3 looks smaller than I would've thought, quite kitchen friendly, at least in comparison to that monster grinder!
  • on 1351367986:
    The anchor text of first one looked right, but if you click on it, the actual URL in the browser showed started with http://ftp// The ftp// bit was causing problems so I stripped it out. You don't think air would be getting in from the grind path? Nice setup by the way. The GS3 looks smaller than I would've thought, quite kitchen friendly, at least in comparison to that monster grinder!
    Thanks for resolving the FTP issue! Air from the grind path does indeed get into it and that is why I purge one dose in the mornings.  It is packed so tightly behind the static screen air will not very easily flow up the discharge chute. Yeah, the Kony without a hopper is almost to the bottom of the upper cabinets.  I have a shorter lexan tube that I am working on to reduce the visual impact on the kitchen.  The versalab is much more kitchen friendly. If I ever get a lever machine I will need to build a new kitchen, one for me and one for my wife ;D
  • I think Lacehim is facing the same dilemma - I told him he should just proactively re-do the kitchen to ensure the Quickmill Achille is in pride of place.
  • If I converted this space for the wife she would end up with a larger kitchen with a barbque in the center (she would love that) and I could have the old one which is on the other side of that window.  A win win!!
  • Very nice! Love that view!
  • on 1351376226:
    Very nice! Love that view!
    Great view but the City and County have allowed so much development down the road(which is between the patio and the Inlet) that the traffic noise, pollution and dirt has made sitting out there not so pleasant.  It sure is an interesting view! Photos to come.
  • on 1351376226:
    Very nice! Love that view!
    Here is a couple of shots of what the view from either my new espresso bar or my wife's new kitchen could be if she agrees.  A tough sell for me to her...  This home MOD would make room for a lever machine :thumb:
  • BLrdFX... You are one lucky guy to have that view!  Stunning.
  • Lovely view  BLrdFX :thumb: Lets hope those cannons are not pointed at you  :stir KK
  • Only if he switches to Nespresso!
  • on 1351502070:
    Only if he switches to Nespresso!
    :laugh:  The U.S. Navy is not the worry, it is the non-military and their small security boats, on contract with the military, with machine guns that concern me!  Bullets bounce and the center of the inlet is about 1/2 mile from my patio.  I am retired army infantry and know a thing or two about collateral damage and this place is prime for that possibility.  The wind is always correct so whatever happens over there won't float over here, only the big bang would get us and at that point who cares.  I know from direct personal experience that you don't feel, or hear, the one that gets you, although you might see the flash.  Some local guy owned a Mig-17 and once a year he would fly down the inlet, at night, doing barrel rolls, loops and really low passes, all the while popping red,white and blue flares; it was pretty neat  but the navy has gotten a bit skittish since 9/11 and won't let him do it. I have been dropping hints about expanding the kitchen and the resistance is not that strong ^-^  I need a place for a lever machine.
  • @BLrdFX Very inspiring - the GS3 & Kony would be feature in a lot of people's dream (but with practibility) setup if asked I don't know what it is about your backyard vista but I keep whistling an Otis Redding tune?
  • on 1351553000:
    @BLrdFX Very inspiring - the GS3 & Kony would be feature in a lot of people's dream (but with practibility) setup if asked I don't know what it is about your backyard vista but I keep whistling an Otis Redding tune?
    Ha!  There are several docks by the bay over there; Bremerton Naval Shipyard in Bremerton Washington.  Several drydocks, mothballed ships and subs waiting to be chopped up for scrap.  Numerous active ships being modded.  Google Earth it and you can see the extent of it. The other part of the view is the beautiful Olympic Mountains and their snow capped peaks. The only thing missing from the dream coffee gear setup is the lever machine :)  I have been selling off a previous hobby to fund this one.  Coffee has gone from a necessity to a hobby with rapid speed :o It used to be just this, in 1977, in the beginnings of our previous home under construction.