frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

what equipment are you using?

Comments

• on 1282089856:
    on 1282035403:
    on 1282022401:
    La Cimbali Junior Coffee Machine and La Cimbali commercial grinder..
    G'day Lefty, joined 2007, first post today, surely not. :-)
    Yeah joined a while ago, but lost my User details and only recently remembered i was a member of this forum... haha. Oh well, better late than never...
    So tell us a little about yourself Lefty, coffee preferences, experience in the coffee game, do you have a grinder, are you a home roaster, you know the kind of stuff.
  • Just enjoy coffee in general. I was lucky enough to get a good price on a La Cimbali Junior S: http://www.cimbali.it/ita/pr_scheda.asp?id=6 and Junior Grinder: http://www.cimbali.it/ita/pr_scheda.asp?id=69 through a friend. I'm not a home roaster and to tell you the truth not really interested. Quite happy in just drinking coffee with mates etc.
  • My Rancilio S24 is a very similar machine to the La Chimbali Junior - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if you popped the lid on both that the internals turned out to be well... lets just say very well matched! And my S24 pulls better shots than some much more expensive pro-sumer machines that I've owned in the past: bought it as a back up for small catering jobs and ended up replacing my other equipment with it - at the end of the day to me at least my semi-commercial machine has more pulling power (as in long slow extraction times without blonding / burning / or choking the coffee - than many of the 'bling' home machines I have tried "Its all about the coffee" ACg
  • I love the Rancilio's - beautiful machine. What coffee are you currently using Coffee Guy?
  • on 1282109288:
    Just enjoy coffee in general. I was lucky enough to get a good price on a La Cimbali Junior S: http://www.cimbali.it/ita/pr_scheda.asp?id=6 and Junior Grinder: http://www.cimbali.it/ita/pr_scheda.asp?id=69 through a friend. I'm not a home roaster and to tell you the truth not really interested. Quite happy in just drinking coffee with mates etc.
    Not every body is into roasting Lefty, though it does seem to be a natural progression, and of course there are substantial cost savings to consider.
  • on 1282170433:
    I love the Rancilio's - beautiful machine. What coffee are you currently using Coffee Guy?
    I roast my own for home use currently I'm on the Guatemalan Huehuetenango - roasted on a Koffee Kosmo Corretto home roaster..
  • on 1282212931:
    on 1282170433:
    I love the Rancilio's - beautiful machine. What coffee are you currently using Coffee Guy?
    I roast my own for home use currently I'm on the Guatemalan Huehuetenango - roasted on a Koffee Kosmo Corretto home roaster..
    What do you think of the Huehue ATG?
  • Unbelievable coffee very elegant and refined with pear and wslnut tart flavours and finishing with some nice acidity - just bought another 5kg for home use and I'll even run a bit through my cafe if the roast is up to scratch !
  • on 1282292946:
    Unbelievable coffee very elegant and refined with pear and wslnut tart flavours and finishing with some nice acidity - just bought another 5kg for home use and I'll even run a bit through my cafe if the roast is up to scratch !
    (wslnut tart flavours) What's a wslnut? weasel nut, the mind boggles. ;D Thanks for the description ATG, reckon I would pick the acidity, but as for Pear or weasel nut, don't think so. ;)
  • on 1282036707:
    Sounds like a nice set up Steve, the Mini Vivaldi certainly is a good looking machine, how does it perform?
    G'day Dry Bean, sorry about the delay in getting back to you, I've just gotten home from a week away. The machine is going great, its just the nut on the end of the portafilter that's the problem  ;D It's certainly a change from the Giotto, I've had to do a bit of 're-learning' to get my dosing method sorted out, but I think I've got it sorted now and I'm going great guns on it. All the best, Steve.
  • on 1282293809:
    on 1282292946:
    Unbelievable coffee very elegant and refined with pear and wslnut tart flavours and finishing with some nice acidity - just bought another 5kg for home use and I'll even run a bit through my cafe if the roast is up to scratch !
    (wslnut tart flavours) What's a wslnut? weasel nut, the mind boggles. ;D Thanks for the description ATG, reckon I would pick the acidity, but as for Pear or weasel nut, don't think so. ;)
    yeah its very similar to a walnut but more exotic... I'm a former sommelier and wine writer so I;m used to waxing lyrical!
  • Thought I would update the current equipment list as its changed since my last entry Bezzera BZ40 BNZ MD74 conical grinder Cona Syphon Pullman Barista tamper KKTO roaster X 2 I feel like a king in my castle KK
  • Likewise: Rancilio S24 Baby Gagia (15 yrs old and rebuilt) KKTO turbo roaster Mazzer Super Jolly grinder Sunbeam EM480 grinder Bodum Santos Syphon And about 50kg of green beans!
  • on 1291712658:
    Only " about 50kg of green beans! " Slacker :-)
    Yeah - I'm trying to cut down...
  • They say confession is good for the soul, it has been a while since I listed the toys :) Izzo Pompei 3 group Lever currently only in part time use  :-[ I need a biger shop. Rancilio Z9 2 grp, partially stripped for restoration. La Pavoni Millennium (Brass) everyday use at home. La Cimbali Micro Casa (spare for home  ::) ) La San Marco 1 grp "Semi Auto" thats right I own a pumped machine Refurbing at present. 5 Pullman Tampers and I need another. DRM Cimbali grinders x 2 one a belt drive and one direct drive. Climax Deli Grinder Ascaso Mini for work Kyocera, Zassenhaus, and several other assorted hand grinders Many Syphons and a Balance Brewer, Hario, Kono, Cona, Silex and others. Hario Pourovers, ketle and cold brewers. Other items of manual brew gear to numerous to mention. Modded Hottop D, Popper and a bowl and spoon for fallback. 60'ish kg of Green. Adding this coming year 2-3kg Roaster and a K10 or Robur
  • What a great idea.  It's great to know what kit everyone is using and what they think of it.  The good and bad. Coffee machine:  PV Lusso 2 group lever                           San Marino compact ck Hx 1grp Grinders:            Compak k6 old style stepped adj Roaster:              KKTO beta, with twin adj and mods Tampers:            Pullman barista and a 45mm that came with my Pvl The San Marino was a rebuild and I'm currently selling it.  The PVL was in impulse buy.  Still getting used to it, but making progress.  I just wish PV Italy took a bit more care building them :). also own a syphon and the other usual suspects.  Plunger etc I'm currently looking for another project machine.
  • on 1282036245:
    What have I got on the bench at any one time will be? A Bezzera Domus Galatea. Mazzer Mini grinder. Reg Barber tamper. Digital scales. I roast on a Corretto, use a data logger, Bosch "model 630E" variable heat/fan speed heat gun and have made up a very effective and cheap bean cooler. And all of the other paraphernalia you seem to collect over time. ::)
    So, what have I changed in my setup since last August? not a thing, it all keeps on doing exactly what it's supposed to do. Only thing I didn't mention in the original post is that I try to keep a stock of around 30kg of greens on hand all the time, 32kg at the moment. :)
  • Coffee machines: Silvia (PID), ECM Botticelli (PID), La Cimbali 2 grp compact (still in bits), Promac green 2 grp, Futurmat 3grp. Grinders: Zass hand, Zass wall mounted, Rocky Doser, La Cimbali junior (in bits), DOGE85, Mazzer major, KR1203. Roaster: Has Garanti 5Kg 3motor. Deluxe and Barista Pullman tampers Couple of syphons, stove tops (don't use any more), couple of Briki and a few plungers.
  • on 1303173049:
    Coffee machines: Silvia (PID), ECM Botticelli (PID), La Cimbali 2 grp compact (still in bits), Promac green 2 grp, Futurmat 3grp. Grinders: Zass hand, Zass wall mounted, Rocky Doser, La Cimbali junior (in bits), DOGE85, Mazzer major, KR1203. Roaster: Has Garanti 5Kg 3motor. Deluxe and Barista Pullman tampers Couple of syphons, stove tops (don't use any more), couple of Briki and a few plungers.
    Morning and welcome to the club Bottom Line, Sounds like you have quite a collection there, looking forward to hearing more from you. ;D
  • Hello all, time for a small update to the equipment list. I now have a Breville smart grinder, to go with the Macap. A new espro tamp and some spanky new espresso glass cups and saucers.
  • You people are crazy. All I have is a Lelit PL041EM, a Behmor, a Super Jolly, a Pullman Tamper, 6 x 70mL ACF brown cups, 6 x 90mL Duralux Glasses, 6 x 160mL Duralux Glasses, 2 x ~170mL ACF Red Cups. Oh, and my new coffee bench that I had made up to match my kitchen. Ok, I have a problem too :) - Not bad seeing as this obsession is less than six months old. coffeestation.jpg
  • on 1303461009:
    Nice Clock and Dirty tray ? Was there any thing else that was to catch mine eye  ;)  ;) ;)
    What on earth are you on about  ;D ?
  • on 1303461806:
    on 1303461483:
    on 1303461009:
    Nice Clock and Dirty tray ? Was there any thing else that was to catch mine eye  ;)  ;) ;)
    What on earth are you on about  ;D ?
    Opps I see it now... Toowoomba and that's a big cockroach under the kick panel, reminds me of FNQ  ;D ;D
    Actually, in the old photo, that was my dog's Kong. I've since uploaded a new photo to replace it - it's probably cached the old one on your computer though. I've lived in this house for 18 months and no cockroaches. It's only a matter of time though :(.
  • Yes I beat Wotb to posting !  One reason I don't post as much as he does is because he's said just about everything, except this :) Machine: San Marino CKX Grinder: Mazzer Mini manual Tamper: Pullman Deluxe Redgum and black EazyTamp (personally I love the Pullman but Wotb prefers the black thing) Roaster: 2kg Solar Autoroast And I think we have about 70kg green bean to burn through still...
  • on 1303528346:
    on 1303523838:
    [glow=red,2,300]Yes I beat Wotb to posting !  One reason I don't post as much as he does is because he's said just about everything, except this :)[/glow] Machine: San Marino CKX Grinder: Mazzer Mini manual Tamper: Pullman Deluxe Redgum and black EazyTamp (personally I love the Pullman but Wotb prefers the black thing) Roaster: 2kg Solar Autoroast And I think we have about 70kg green bean to burn through still...
    What you mean you don't get a word in edgeways... Next time he starts talking over the top of you... Just give him that look...  [glow=red,2,300]That one that says "Shut-up OR go on a starvation diet !!! "[/glow]  and  "I mean it" Works for my wife  ;D
    Starvation diet will be on me because he's the one who cooks at home  :-X
  • I guess that explains why Wotb is 'well-padded' then (and so are our cats) !  ;D
  • So, outing our equipment... Machine: Vibiemme Domobar Super manual in stainless. Grinder: Macap M4D micrometric stepless in shiny chrome Tamper: Espro Tamper & Bumper tamping stand (which I love) Roasters: Behmor 1600 X 2, Corretto with data logger, FZRR Baby Roaster which I never use and a popper. Home made bucket/extraction fan bean cooler. And around 90kg of green beans...
  • Machine: Presso (which I've only just learnt to do a double press on and geez I wish I'd learnt a long time ago), looking for a new machine but don't like 'all shiny metal' :) Grinder: Spong No.1 and a Kyocera Tamper: I have no idea, it's shiny and does the job Roasters: Shapeshifters UCP :D
  • I would post what gear I have and what I use but it would be a very long list  ;D Short form 4 out of 7 Espresso machines operational, 10+ stove tops including an Atomic, 15+ Syphons, 8-10 Pourovers or drippers Hot and Cold, 6 electric grinders, 4 hand grinders, 4 roasters of various types, 8-10 Tampers, 50kg+ of greenbeans ......... plus stuff............
  • on 1304770815:
    I would post what gear I have and what I use but it would be a very long list  ;D Short form 4 out of 7 Espresso machines operational, 10+ stove tops including an Atomic, 15+ Syphons, 8-10 Pourovers or drippers Hot and Cold, 6 electric grinders, 4 hand grinders, 4 roasters of various types, 8-10 Tampers, 50kg+ of greenbeans ......... plus stuff............
    C'mon bf, List it out... Pictures as well  :). It is a grand collection!!